Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Whew!

Looks like we have all of the music recorded for the project. There's a pile of it: probably twenty-two tunes. Soon I'll sift through the various "takes" of each tune. Then we'll get to mixing it in the late summer.

In the meantime, I'll take a quintet to the Scranton Jazz Festival to present some of the music. The gig is set for Sunday, August 3, at 12:30 p.m. The band will be great: Tony Marino on bass, Tom Whaley on drums, Jeff Stockham on trumpet and French horn, and Mike Carbone on saxophones.

Stay tuned for more updates!

2 comments:

Peter said...

Congrats for finishing the recording part! Can't wait to hear it. Hope all is well...
Peter

presbybop said...

Thanks, Peter. It's really quite extraordinary, and I'm pleased with how it's coming together.

All is indeed well. Wish I had time to write more on the blog, but (a) life is too full, and (b) it would only be interesting to me...

Take care,
BC